Thursday, November 8, 2007

Not today

Well, after another lost pregnancy, I am exhausted. I'm exhausted from wanting this so bad, from being sad, from crying, from waiting, from hoping, from disappointments, from the heart wrenching pain I feel everytime I see a pregnant woman or a daddy holding his baby girl...exhausted from everything on the roller coaster of infertility. I am to the point where I don't want to see another shot, another pill, another cotton swab for a long, long time. I'm physically and emotionally exhausted. I just want to be happy and content with my life and how it is right now at this very moment. For I am blessed in so many other ways. I need to be happy just being "auntie" for now.

I know someday we are going to have our family and be able to look back at this and understand why we went through it and what we learned from it. But right now it doesn't make any sense. We just have to hold on to God's promise that he knows His plan for us. And that someday we'll have our family...just not today.

4 comments:

RMCarter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RMCarter said...

Not today...but someday. I firmly believe that. It may not be in the time or the way we thought it would be, but it will happen. It's hard not to wish it was now though...

In the meantime, we'll just hang in there. Someday we will know why we had to travel this road. We can drive ourselves crazy trying to figure out God's plan, or we can just live one day at a time and then someday, hopefully we'll say, "Oh, now I see..."

Thinking about you,
Michelle

M and M: said...

Teri - my heart breaks for you for having to go through all of this again. I know your pain all too well. It just seems so unfair. I am hoping that we will both get to that point where we understand the plan that was put forth for us. The interim is hard...but you have your husband and your friends to see you through. Take care, sweetie. - Megan

Jami & Ethan said...

Teri-
Feel free to ask me questions about anything. I am here for you no matter where this rollercoaster ride takes you. You will get your miracle one way or another...

Take care hun - Jami