Sunday, August 26, 2007

Tunnel

August 26, 2007...
Well, it has been less than a week since we found out our 8th procedure was unsuccessful. The 2ww has ended with a BFN (what we refer to on the fertility message boards as a Big Fat Negative). Dustin and I have taken it pretty hard this time. This is the first time I have felt like I'm starting to lose hope - like I'm starting to wonder, what if I never become pregnant? Those thoughts are very scary.

I know I have to hold on to my faith and continue to believe that God has a plan in all of this. But sometimes it's just so hard to understand why he hasn't given us our baby yet. What I have learned this time is that it's all about perspective. One day when we have our baby, whether it be from our pregnancy or from adoption, we will be able to look back and say, "Oh, that was your plan, God." And we won't be able to imagine it any other way. But right now it's just hard to understand.

One of my favorite songs is called "Tunnel" by Third Day. I know there is a light at the end of this tunnel somewhere, but sometimes it's so hard to see. I pray that God will show us that light soon.

2 comments:

RMCarter said...

I want this so much for you two it hurts. Even though you know it will be worth it in the end, it is still so hard now. I, too, pray that God will show you His plan soon.

M and M: said...

You know that I struggle with the same thoughts and feelings every day, and it is not easy. I can't wait for the day for all of us to look back with wonder at our journey and appreciation for where we have ended up. Keep the faith.